Perth Airport is transforming rapidly
- Terminal 2 (T2) is now open and located next to the current International Terminal (T1). It is servicing the needs of regional WA and some interstate routes, and is home to Alliance Airlines, Virgin Australia (formerly Skywest) with flight numbers starting with XR, and Tiger Airways.
- The $80 million transformation of the international arrivals journey is well underway. By doubling the size of all processing areas and moving Immigration to the first floor, passengers will enjoy a far superior customer experience. This project will be completed in mid-2014, however, passengers will start to see changes in mid-2013 when Immigration relocates to the first floor.
- The $100 million expansion of the international departures area has commenced and will give the airport the capacity to take the Airbus A380 and Virgin Australia’s A330 in 2014.
- The construction of a new $190 million Domestic Pier at the western end of the current International Terminal (T1), has also commenced and will see Virgin Australia move its domestic services to the international precinct in late 2014.
- Work continues on the development of taxiways and apron works in preparation for the new Domestic Pier and expansion of the international arrivals and departures areas.
- The forecourt of the current International Terminal is being redesigned and will feature more convenient access to car parking, Connect shuttle buses and taxis, as well as dedicated pick-up and drop-off areas.
- Construction of a multi-storey car park is scheduled to commence in 2014.
This represents the first stage towards having all commercial air services operating from one convenient location within the next 10 years.